Early Outcomes Fund
What is the Early Outcomes Fund Project?
The Early Outcomes Fund Project aims to develop a range of strategies and initiatives that will improve children’s speech, language and communication in the early years.
What has happened so far?
Funded 2-day Early Communication Training
This training course provides models to understand speech, language and communication needs as well as practical ideas to use in early years settings. In addition, the training course explores why screening speech, language and communication is useful, how to use the screening tool (supplied free for practitioners) and how to analyse the results and interpret the data.
- 68 Practitioners have attended this two-day training event delivered by Speech and Language Therapists
- 100% of delegates have stated they have an increased understanding of practical strategies that can be used in the workplace and increased confidence in talking to parents about early communication, speech and language
Funded Early Years Level 3 SENCO
This award is an accredited training programme for SENCO’s in early years settings. This innovative and exciting programme has been developed by School Improvement Liverpool and Nasen.
- 26 Practitioners are currently attending this Level 3 Accredited SENCo Training
- 100% of delegates have stated that their knowledge and confidence in carrying out the role of Early Years SENCo has already increased
Funded Simply Play Family Sessions
These funded sessions are for children who are struggling to reach their speech and language milestones at 2 years old. These sessions involve both children and their families.
- 32 family sessions have been delivered across Staffordshire in district Children’s Centres
Early Communication Champions
This volunteer role includes signposting families to local services and activities, promoting choices for early childcare and sharing key messages regarding early communication, speech and language.
- 26 volunteers are currently engaged with the Early Outcomes Fund Early Communication Champion Volunteer Programme
Anyone interested in becoming a Communication Champion can contact Kate.Tomson-Rayner@staffordshire.gov.uk
Staffordshire Hungry Little Minds Campaign
In order to support parents, The Early Outcomes Fund Project has funded a localised campaign linked with the national Hungry Little Minds and the BBC’s Tiny Happy People campaigns.
Families can sign up to personalised, sequential emails providing information on practical strategies to promote early communication, speech and language, child development and early years services.
Find out more information about how to sign up for this campaign for parents
How can my organisation become involved in the project?
New Dates Released for Funded 2-day Early Communication Training
- Practitioners in early years settings can now register for autumn term 2020 and spring term 2021 training dates. Each session will be led by a Speech and Language Therapist. Practitioners will also receive a FREE early communication screening tool which will be delivered to their setting prior to the training delivery.
For further details about this training contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The development of an early communication, speech and language electronic pathway for parents and professionals
For any further information about the Early Outcomes Fund project or events contact Helen Gibson.