The Early Years Reference Group is to ensure a closer relationship with the early years sector in Staffordshire and the council. The intention is for the group to support SCC with the co-design of future consultations, policy and general recommendations.
The group will include a representation from varying types of provision and each area of the county.
The group will meet termly and cover:
- Matters relating to Early Years Single Funding Formula (EYSFF).
- Matters relating to the compliance of the Early Years Statutory Guidance for Local Authorities.
- Matters relating to the Statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Matters relating to the Staffordshire Early Education Funding Provider Agreement.
- Communication methods (two-way communication).
- Early Education Funded places for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
- Report to Staffordshire Schools Forum as required.
- Report to Early Education Funding Review group as required.
- Invite relevant guest speakers/attendees as required to attend the group.
Glossary of terms for the group
Terms of Reference and Membership