Extra funding is available to support some 3 and 4 year old children on funded childcare places.
Childcare providers could claim up to £300 per year for a child who accesses the provision over the year. This equates to an extra .53 pence per hour on funded hours attended by eligible children (on a max of 570 hours in the year).
Three and four year olds will be eligible if their parents are in receipt of one of the following benefits.
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Park VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Stats Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (Provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit and have net annual household earnings below £7,400 (this means your take home pay from any paid employment, after Income Tax and NI contributions have been deducted).
In addition, a child will be eligible if they:
- have been looked after by the local authority for at least one day
- have been adopted from care
- have left care through special guardianship; and
- are subject to a child arrangement order
Applications for non-economic criteria will need to be made using only the EYPP paper claim form (below). Please make sure you also include any relevant documents to verify the child's status. Without these we will be unable to process your claim.
How do I apply?
Childcare providers will indentify families who could be eligible based on the economic criteria. Providers offering funded places will submit EYPP claims via the EY Portal by completing the Carer Details section (on behalf of the parent) against the child claim. The parent's national insurance number will be required for economic claims.
Once a provider starts receiving EYPP funding for a particular child, they will not lose it while the child is taking up the funded entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds.
For non-economic claims, i.e. looked after child, left care or children under a special guardianship or child arrangement order, please complete the following EYPP claim form and submit to email@example.com along with accompanying evidence.