Parent Declaration and Privacy Notice
It is a requirement that parents complete and sign a Parent Declaration form as outlined in the current Provider Agreement (441 KB), if a childcare provider is to claim funded hours on behalf of the family. Providers should review clauses 5.2, 8.5, 9.4, 13.5, 15.6, 17.4
The completed form must be returned signed by the parent/ carer, to the childcare provider who must store it securely in line with GDPR requirements, until a time that the council may request to see it.
*This version was updated in May 2022 for children who will be accessing funded hours from September 2022.
Considerations when completing the parent declaration:
- where possible, the form should be completed in advance of a child taking up their funded hours at the childcare provider.
- the hours a child will attend must be recorded for each term so the parent can see the funded hours their child will receive. Parents can sign the form no earlier than the term prior. Example: for funded hours accessed in summer, the parent declaration can be signed no earlier than spring term.
- Stretch Offer - 48 weeks is the most common stretch offer and is how it is claimed via the EY Portal and paid by the Council. However, Providers can offer stretch over a different number of weeks instead of 48 if they so wish, and it is the Providers' number of weeks they offer in that term that must be recorded on the form.
- 38 week offer - Providers are reminded that the 38 week offer does not need to align to the term time (school) period and the funded hours can be offered to families outside of this period (i.e school holiday periods) in the same term. See clause 10.8 of the provider agreement.
- For successful completion of the form, providers will need to liaise and confirm to parents what the child will receive in the term.