Our use of cookies

We use strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of analytical cookies, click the 'Accept cookies' button. No, give me more information.
Accept cookies Reject analytical cookies Manage cookies
This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it

FAQ for parents and carers

It’s extra funding available for eligible children aged 2 to 4 years old that will go to the childcare setting. It should be used to support children’s progress and development.

Economic criteria

  • Income support
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Park VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit - Provided parents are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit - household income must be less than £7,400 a year after tax, not including any benefits - this is assessed on up to three of the parent’s most recent universal credit assessment periods.

Non-economic criteria

In addition, a child could be eligible if they:

  • are being looked after by a local authority in England or Wales
  • Child has left through:
    • an adoption order
    • a special guardianship order
    • a child arrangement order

Your childcare setting will need your permission and details (National Insurance number, your date of birth and full name) to apply for this extra funding against the economic criteria. This information should be recorded on the parent declaration and privacy notice your childcare setting should present to you.

The provider will then submit the EYPP application on your behalf, and they will be advised of the outcome and if successful the provider will claim EYPP on your behalf.

Parents should speak to their childcare provider about how the funding from EYPP will be used in the best interests of your child.


For the economic criteria, the information as stated above such as national insurance details will normally suffice. However, there could be circumstances where the application outcome is as not eligible and your childcare setting may request further evidence from you in relation to earnings or proof of Universal Credit, tax credits awards and so on. 

Parents would be able to obtain this information via their online government gateway account.

There are no results that match your search criteria