Stafford roadworks overview
The majority of road works are carried out by the utility companies such as gas, water, phone and electric companies. For more information on these road works please visit One Network.
Please note: The information below only lists planned road improvements by the county council.
To report a road or lighting fault the easiest way is to report it online.
- From 20 March 2023 we will be undertaking works in relation to an Experimental Traffic Regulation Order (ETRO) traffic management scheme. School Lane footbridge has reached the end of its serviceable life and must be removed under safety grounds.
Staffordshire County Council proposes to implement an Active Travel Scheme along Chell Road, Foregate Street and Castle Hill in Stafford. Scheme linked to Gaol Square Signal upgrade, and Structural Maintenance (carriageway resurfacing) scheme on Chell Road/Gaol Square
- A34 Stone Road - These highway works are associated with the Pets At Home development off the A34 Stone Road, Stafford.
- Essential work to both replace the deck waterproofing system and strengthen the weak service bays of Sandon bridge. Expected to be completed in June 2024.
- A34 - Weeping Cross to Queensville - Site investigation works and street lighting replacements on A34 from Weeping Cross to Queensville, Stafford.
- Funding has been provided via ‘Sustrans Paths for Everyone’ to Staffordshire County Council to support improved accessibility and connectivity in the Castletown area of Stafford.
- Improvements will be made to the junction of the A34 and A513 at Beaconside - Redhill roundabout with an expected duration of 13 months.
- School lane Dunston Bridge - Staffordshire County Council is replacing Dunston Bridge which crosses Pothooks Brook.
- A449 Wolverhampton Road, Stafford - Staffordshire County Council together with Amey will be carrying out drainage repairs, kerbing, footway patching and carriageway resurfacing at the above location.