Stafford roadworks overview
The majority of road works are carried out by the utility companies such as gas, water, phone and electric companies. For more information on these road works please visit Roadworks.org
Please note: The information below only lists planned road improvements by the county council.
To report a road or lighting fault the easiest way is to report it online.
- Highway works associated with the Pets At Home development off the A34 Stone Road, Stafford. Expected to be completed in Summer 2023.
- Repairs to the Parapets of Casey Bridge will be commencing soon.
- A scheme looking to provide additional parking on Merrey Road, adjacent to the shopping precinct. Expected to be completed by 3 March 2023.
- With advance works starting in January improvements will be made to the junction of the A34 and A513 at Beaconside - Redhill roundabout with an exected completion time for the main works of 12 months.
- From 20 February 2023 works will commence for drainage, kerbing, footway and carriageway resurfacing on the A34 Stone Road - Holmcroft Road to Balfour Grove.
- From 20 March 2023 we will be undertaking works in relation to an Experimental Traffic Regulation Order (ETRO) traffic management scheme. School Lane footbridge has reached the end of its serviceable life and must be removed under safety grounds.
- From July 2023 (provisionally proposed date) there will be a scheme in place to replace the culvert at Shay lane on the B3097
View recently completed roadworks in Stafford.