What's driving us?
What is the 'What’s Driving Us?' Course?
Through this theory only course, you will learn how to reduce risks, recognise things that influence how you drive, and see how to be safer on the road.
There is no police involvement in the course, and you will not have to pass a test or undertake any driving.
Who is the course for?
If you have been in a road traffic incident where there hasn’t been a collision; committed an alleged moving traffic offence; and not taken a similar awareness course in the three years before your most recent offence.
You cannot self-refer to this scheme and you can only go on this course if you have had a police letter giving you the choice to attend.
How is the course delivered?
Until further notice, the 3 hour What’s Driving Us? Course will be delivered online via Zoom by Staffordshire County Council and not at a classroom venue. Clients will:
- need access to a device (computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone) with microphone and camera with reliable internet connection capable of streaming video.
- Smartphones may be used; however, the course will be far more effective if you have a larger screen.
- You will need to be in a private room, alone without disturbances.
- You must engage in the course throughout - clients must not switch off their webcam, leave the course or have other members of the household in the room with them (unless previously agreed).
- Clients should give their full attention to the course and not be distracted.
- To assist and to ensure that you successfully join your course, please view our online digital course information page for additional information.
How much does it cost?
The course currently costs £85, but once you have completed the course, there will be no further action taken for the offence (you don’t have to pay a fine, and you don’t get points on your licence).
What do I need to attend?
You must bring with you either:
- The new style photo card licence (providing it is valid).
- The old-style paper licence issued before 1998, with another form of valid photo ID (e.g. Passport, Bus Pass or Citizencard).
If you don't provide suitable ID on your course, you will be refused entry and your file will be returned to the police. You will not receive a refund.
How do I book a place?
To book your place on-line in Staffordshire please visit the NDORS website.
You can book an online digital course regardless of which police force in the UK offered you a course - just choose 'Staffordshire' when you are booking your course online.
You can book or re-arrange courses online by accessing your police record.
Watch a useful video on how to book a course online (5 minutes).
For more information please contact us on:
Telephone: 0300 111 8012
View our terms and conditions.