Online Digital Course Information
You will need access to a device (computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone) with microphone and camera with reliable internet connection capable of streaming video. Smartphones may be used; however, the course will be far more effective if you have a larger screen. If using a smartphone or tablet, we recommend you download the free ZOOM app in advance of the course from your usual app store. Additionally, you will need enough charge to last up to 3 hours depending on your course, so please plug your device into the mains supply.
How to join the online digital course
To join the online digital course, please follow the following instructions:
- From your device, simply click the link we will email to you between 24 and 72 hours before your course date. If you do not receive your email link 24 hours before your course date, please check your 'junk' or 'spam' folder. If still not received, please call us before your course on 0300 111 8012. We're open Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 17:40pm and 7:30am to 16:30pm on a Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- When prompted, select ‘Run’ and choose ‘Join with Video’
- If requested, please allow access to camera & microphone, and select ‘call using internet audio’
- Enter your first name only (as other clients will be able to see the name you enter)
- Select ‘Join Meeting’
*Please join your online course 15 minutes before the start time in case you experience any technical difficulties. When you join you will be placed in a 'waiting area'. Please be patient as our Trainer will meet each client individually to check their photographic ID. In addition to checking photographic ID, if any technical issues are encountered, it can take up to 15 minutes from when the course is scheduled to commence to actually start, therefore your patience would be appreciated.
Zoom test link
We recommend you download the Zoom application the day before your course. You can click on the link below to test that you have successfully downloaded and can open the Zoom meeting app prior to your course. You can also check your camera and microphone are working.
Zoom test link - When prompted, click to ‘Download’, ‘Run’ or ‘Open Zoom meeting’, and accept all permission requests (e.g. ‘Join with video’ or ‘Use computer/internet audio’).
Please note this is a test link only. You will receive a link for your actual course between 24 and 72 hours before your course date.
Once you have successfully tested the above you will simply need to click the link for your actual course which we will email it to you the day before your course.
It is essential you bring photographic identification to the course and SCC will only accept original identification (electronic copies or photocopies cannot be accepted). You will not be permitted to join the course if you fail to produce either:
- A photocard style driving licence Or
- A passport or similar photographic means of identification such as a Bus Pass with photo, NUS card, Citizen Card.
If you wear a form of head dress that covers your face (for personal or religious reasons) you will be required to remove or adjust this (in private) to allow our Trainer to establish your identity.
You will need to be in a private room, alone without disturbances. This includes not having childcare responsibilities during the course for safe-guarding reasons.
You must engage in the course throughout – clients must not switch off their webcam or use virtual backgrounds (a plain background is recommended), leave the course or have other members of the household in the room with them (unless previously agreed). Clients should give their full attention to the course and not be distracted; you may be asked to leave a course at the Trainer's discretion.
Please have a pen and paper available.
You will be required to agree not to record the course and respect the privacy of other clients on the course.
Late arrivals will not be allowed to participate.