Our use of cookies

We use strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of analytical cookies, click the 'Accept cookies' button. No, give me more information.
Accept cookies Reject analytical cookies Manage cookies
This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it

Licences and registration

We issue a range of licences, registrations and certificates.

Licences provided under the EU Services Directive

We provide the following licences/registrations under the EU Services Directive:


Information on fees for these licences are also avaliable.

Other licences

We can also issue the following licences:


If you store fireworks, safety cartridges and detonators you must have a current licence. Depending on the type and quantity of explosive you are storing, you may need to register with the Police or the Health and Safety Executive instead of Trading Standards.

Contact us:

Phone: 0300 111 8002
Email: businessenquiries@stokestaffslep.org.uk

If you wish to sell Fireworks all year

You will need a licence to do so, as a normal registration only permits you to supply fireworks during limited periods.

Contact us for further information and application details:

Phone: 0300 111 8045

Petroleum spirit

If you dispense or store petroleum in quantities greater than 275 litres you must apply for a licence with this authority.

Petroleum means any product of crude petroleum with a flashpoint below 21°C.

This includes:

  • petrol
  • benzene
  • pentane
  • any mixture containing these with a flashpoint below 21°C.

It does not include:

  • white spirit
  • paraffin
  • diesel oil
  • or fuel oils. 

Find out more about applying for a petroleum licence or contact us:

Phone: 0300 111 8002


You must register with the local authority if you wish to sell poisons.

Please contact us on 0300 111 8002 for further information.

There are other types of licence you may need, which we do not regulate.

Food registrations

Contact your local District or Borough Council.

There are no results that match your search criteria