Get Started and Grow
Custom growth plans made with care for your small business
There’s never been a better time to start up and scale up your business than right here and right now in Staffordshire.Partially funded by the UK Government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF), Get Started and Grow offers all business in Staffordshire (up to five years old) the help they need to not start-up or stay up.
Choose from fully-funded:
- Accountancy, financial planning and funding applications
- Free HR advice and support
- Free legal advice and legally-informed growth support
- Website development (up to seven pages) optimisation of current website to increase sales, traffic and support.
- Branding and logo design or improvement
- Free social media and digital marketing consultancy and support – depending on your business’ needs
There’s no catch. Working with local experts, you’ll be supported with a fully-funded back office support package that as unique as you and your business. There are no "off-the-shelf" packages here.
‘The scheme supports businesses that:
- are based in Staffordshire. Unfortunately, we cannot support businesses in Stoke on Trent at this time.
- are up to five years old
- are willing to undertake a short business start-up guidance course, such as the one by the Chamber of Commerce of Federation of Small Business , or has already completed one. These short and free courses are a great way to network with other local businesses as well as get a great grounding.
“What really surprised me was that it’s a genuine 1-2-1 service that fits around your business’ growth needs, even if you don’t really know what those needs are!’
There really is such a thing as a free business lunch!”
Anna-Louise Powell of Anna-Louise Coaching
Please view the below guidance before completing our online form.
Express an interest through the form below to receive a short application form (remember to check your ‘junk’ mail). It usually takes less than a week from receipt of your application to funding your expert support.
Please note: unfortunately we are no longer able to accept applications from Stafford Borough. If you are located in Stafford Borough please complete an expression of interest form for more information.
Expression of interestFull application form
Please choose from either Web Design and Development OR Logo and Branding
Web Design And Development
Elevate your online presence with the Web Design and Development service, offering visually stunning and functional websites tailored to your business. The package includes:
- Up to 7 content pages to showcase your offerings and services.
- Common features like contact forms, blogs, and newsletter sign-up forms.
- Use of library images from our extensive database.
- Responsive and mobile-friendly design built on the WordPress platform.
Additional Services Not Included:
- Professional copywriting (available at an additional cost).
- Web hosting (we offer fast cloud hosting as an additional service).
Typical Delivery Time: 6 weeks
Logo and Branding
Make a lasting impression with the Logo and Branding service, where the consultants will bring your brand identity to life. The package includes 12 hours design time which can include one of the following.
- 3 logo concepts and a final hi-fidelity logo pack based on your chosen design.
- Brand colour schemes and typography aligned with your initial brief.
- Captivating digital designs for social media platforms.
- Printed material design, including leaflets, banners, and business cards.
- Eye-catching signage and point of sale materials.
- Specific numbers of revisions at each stage to ensure your complete satisfaction
Typical Delivery Time: 4 weeks
Social Media Package
The social media and digital marketing support package is flexible to the unique needs of your business and can involve a 1-2-1 half-day digital marketing strategy workshop with our digital marketing expert, followed by up to six two hour 1-2-1 coaching sessions which will help you deliver the digital marketing plan that evolves from your strategy workshop.
The consultant will walk you through everything from digital marketing tactics for social media, pay per click advertising, search engine optimisation, email marketing, website content development and establishing a CRM system.
The consultant will help you to learn the basics of the skills which are required by your marketing plan, so that you can implement them on a long-term basis. The consultant will be there for you to overcome any challenges that you come across along the way.
You may also request a small library of content to be prepared for you.
A Qualified accountant can help you to test the profitability of your business idea, help you manage current accounts or help to plan your growth.
This can include cashflow projections, profit & loss and balance sheet forecasts. General accounting advice is also available including best ways to pay business owners that is tax efficient. Advice on digital bookkeeping systems, including information regarding filing dates for HMRC and Companies House where applicable.
Please note the accountants can’t offer support on start-up loans, grants, or access to funding. You can get help from the Growth Hub for this.
Fully funded Legal advice for your business
With a speciality in contract law, help can be given towards terms and conditions, contracts of trade/sale and non-disclosure agreements through to company structure and shareholder agreements. The consultant will walk you through the legalities of setting up a business and what to look out for along your start up journey.
Human Resource (HR) Package
Get Expert and Legally Compliant HR advice to protect your business, such as:
- Advice on a specific HR issue e.g. how to deal with disciplinary, grievance, performance and dispute issues (includes on-site support where required)
- How to hire your first employee through a compliant recruitment and selection process
- Expert contracts of employment and handbooks, specifically for your industry in line with the Good Work Plan
- People Management training programmes for Line Managers and business owners
- Redundancy or TUPE transfer advice in times of business change such as growth or workforce efficiencies
- Support with transition to cloud-based HR Software which is GDPR compliant and cyber-secure
Please note you can only choose one package per business and your business must be based in Staffordshire. Unfortunately, we cannot support businesses in Stoke on Trent. Your business must also be under the age of 5 years old. If your business already has a fully comprehensive website, we regret that you will not be eligible for the website support. You are still eligible for all other areas of support.
Find out How Get Started and Grow has helped businesses so far by watching our video case studies.