What we mean by the public voice in Staffordshire
The ‘public voice’ puts residents and communities at the heart of developing and delivering a safe, happy, healthy and prosperous Staffordshire.
It represents how we listen to the people of Staffordshire to understand their needs, expectations and experiences; how we involve them in key decisions and how we work with them to develop their contribution to Staffordshire life.
It is underpinned by the principle of ‘inclusivity’ by which we aim to reach and engage all communities of place, identity, interest and experience.
We develop the ‘public voice’ of Staffordshire in many ways including:
- Using the appropriate method of engagement to support clear purpose and objectives
- Applying the principle of ‘every contact counts’ to extract maximum value from every contact with the County Council made by members of the public
- Developing a trusted and credible presence in public channels already being used by the public to share their views on topical issues
- Supporting residents in the development of their own local enterprises and initiatives that support our priorities and strategic outcomes
- Making best use of community based assets to support engagement of residents in our localities