Our use of cookies

We use strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of analytical cookies, click the 'Accept cookies' button. No, give me more information.
Accept cookies Reject analytical cookies Manage cookies

Information we hold

Information that we hold, or is held on our behalf, only relates to the county council and to the county council’s functions.

Before making a request for information please check whether we are likely to hold the type of information you want and that the information you want is not:

  • published on our website
  • available to you by other means
  • available using a fee-paying service

We only hold information that supports the functions and activities for which we are responsible. If the information you want does not relate to a county council function you will need to make your request to the appropriate organisation to obtain the information you want.

 Adult social care records

The county council are only responsible for providing or commissioning some adult social care services including learning disability and vulnerable adult protection. Responsibility for many adult social care services transferred to Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Partnership NHS Trust (SSOTP) in April 2012. The county council do not hold most types of adult social care records after this date.

Midlands Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) was formed on 1 June 2018 following a merger between South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Partnership NHS Trust. The Trust has now (2023) been granted university status and has changed its name to Midlands Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust. Further information about the Midlands Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust is available on their website.

Health and medical records

Health and medical records and information about health organisations will be held by, for example, general practitioners (GPs), Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), hospitals and health trusts and other health professionals.

Other local authorities

Local district and borough councils and unitary authorities such as Stoke on Trent City Council are responsible for different functions for the specific areas that they serve, for example:

  • Bereavement services
  • Business rates - national non-domestic rates (NNDR)
  • Car parking (off-street parking and enforcement on borough and district council car parks)
  • Council tax collection and benefits
  • Environmental health
  • Housing
  • Planning applications and building control (except mineral and waste sites)
  • Private water supplies
  • Non-domestic rates
  • Street care and cleaning including road sweeping
  • Waste and recycling collection
  • Licensing dealt with by the local district or borough councils includes:
  • Animal licences
  • Catering licences
  • Entertainment and gambling
  • Sale and supply of alcohol provision of late-night refreshment
  • Taxi (Hackney Carriage), minicab and operator licensing
  • Other licences include: acupuncturists, body piercing, electrolysis and tattooists, caravan sites, street trading, collections and scrap metal

You will need to contact other local authorities in Staffordshire for information about their functions.

Parish Councils

Information about the functions and activities of parish councils is available from individual parish councils.

Police, criminal, court records

The Information Commissioner’s Office provides guidance about criminal, court and police records.

Private companies

We do not hold information relating to the operation of private companies. Whilst contractors may hold information on behalf of the council in relation to contracted activities, private companies themselves are not subject to the Freedom of Information Act or Environmental Regulations.

School records and qualifications

Schools are separate legal entities. You will generally need to contact individual schools to obtain information about the school or school education records. You will need to contact the relevant exam board to obtain copies of your qualifications.

 The Information Commissioner’s Office provides guidance about school, university and college records.


Information that we hold, or is held on our behalf, only relates to the county council and to county council's functions.

Published information

We have adopted the model publication scheme produced by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This represents our commitment to publishing information about how we make decisions, the way we do business and deliver services.

Information that we publish on our website includes categories of information held by Staffordshire County Council as defined in the Information Commissioner's Office definition document for county council. (232 KB):

  • who we are and what we do
  • how we make decisions
  • what we spend and how we spend it
  • what our priorities are and how we are doing
  • our policies and procedures
  • lists and registers we are required to keep and the services we offer

Our website also tells you how and where to access information that the council must make available if it is not published and also details about services for which a fee is payable to obtain information.

 If we do not publish the information you want, you can make a request for council information.

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2

There are no results that match your search criteria