We use cookies on this site We and our partners use cookies and collect information from your browser. This lets us deliver content and relevant adverts to you. It also helps us to understand our audience better. See our privacy policy to learn more about how we manage your data and your rights. See our cookies policy to see how we use cookies and tracking technology. To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button.

Related content  


How to make a complaint

We endeavour to meet our statutory duties in how we handle information, publish information, and provide information in response to access to information requests. If you consider we have not met these requirements the same laws and regulations gives you the right to make a complaint.

How to make a complaint

If you are unhappy about how we respond to your request for information or how we handle your information you should first send your complaint to us in writing and we will conduct an internal review.

Information Commissioner’s Office recommends that if you intend to make a complaint you do this as soon as possible, and should do so within two months of receiving the authority’s final response.

For environmental information complaints the ICO recommends you should make your complaint within 40 working days.

Where to send your complaint

Access Team
Information Governance Unit
Staffordshire Place 1 - Fourth Floor
ST16 2DH

Email us: Access Team

What we will do

The Information Commissioner’s Office recommends that public authorities carry out internal reviews within 20 working days. Under Environmental Regulations Information there is a legal requirement that internal reviews must be carried out as soon as possible and within 40 working days. The authority cannot charge for carrying out an internal review.

If you believe that we have not dealt with your complaint properly the Information Commissioner’s Office may be able to help.

Further information

Advice about making complaints about how your request has been dealt with or how your information has been handled is available from the Information Commissioner’s Office.

Other types of complaint

If your complaint is not about how we have responded to your request for council information please refer to either our personal information comments and complaints page or our corporate  Compliments, Comments and Complaints web page for more information.

Staffordshire County Council is not responsible for the content of externally published information or the availability of links.

There are no results that match your search criteria