Admission to primary and middle schools September 2021 entry
You need to apply for September 2021:
- if your child's fifth birthday is between 1 September 2021 and 31 August 2022 for a place at first, infant or primary school
- if your child will be in year 2 at an infant school in September 2020 for a junior or primary school
- if you child will be in year 4 at a first school in September 2020 for a place at middle or primary school
See the timetable for key dates in the process.
If you are moving to Staffordshire from abroad, please see the information on moving from overseas.
If you want to apply to change schools during the academic year, or your child does not currently have a school place, please see the information on in-year admissions.
Our online search and compare tool will help you to find information about your nearest schools, including performance information, teacher/pupil ratios and much more.
You can also find information on:
- how places were allocated for September 2018, 2019 and 2020 entry
For information on open days or evenings at first, infant, junior or primary schools please contact the schools directly.
Please see the timeline below which includes important points to consider prior to making your application.
The application system will open on 1 November 2020. You should only use this system if your child lives in Staffordshire.
Applications will close on 15 January 2021.
- Last year there were over 200 late applications. This may have affected the outcome of these applications.
- The late application policy (detailed in the published admission arrangements) will apply to those applications made after the closing date.
Applications sent to and received from other local authorities.
Application details and supporting documentation sent to academies, aided and foundation schools.
Academies, aided and foundations schools forward lists of all preferences ranked in accordance with their admission arrangements to the county council.
Provisional offers shared between local authorities.
Final offers exchanged between local authorities.
Parents receive outcomes on National Offer Day, 16 April 2021.
April - August
Processing of late applications and any available places allocated from waiting lists.
June - July
Appeals heard by independent appeal panels.
Making an application
Applications have now closed.
You can make a late application by completing the paper application form. You can then either:
- or print out the form and post it to:
School Admissions and Transport Service, Staffordshire County Council, 1 Staffordshire Place, Stafford, ST16 2DH