Community paths initiative fund
The Staffordshire Community Paths Initiative (CPI) provides funding for projects to improve or promote countryside access through rights of way.
- Grants of up to £2,000 are available, with the Community Paths Initiative match funding up to 50% of the total costs. Contributions from Staffordshire County Council greater than 50% will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Parish or Town Councils, landowners, community or residents groups, and user or interest groups can apply.
- CPI can fund projects that deliver at least one of the following:
- Projects that focus on routes or issues that provide benefit to residents, visitors and the local economy.
- Projects that have been developed in response to local needs and/or through working with others.
- Projects that overcome seasonal or long-standing issues.
- Projects that provide information on finding paths and using them responsibly.
- Projects that provide a long-term benefit to the local community, beyond the funding period.
Before submitting an application, discuss your project with your local Rights of Way Officer. They can advise you on the eligibility of your project and arrange a site visit (where appropriate).
Rights of Way Officers:
The application process is electronic. Therefore, you must have a valid email address. If you are unable to submit an application electronically, please contact your local Rights of Way Officer.