Recycling centres (tips) overview
Temporary waste acceptance, and access arrangements for recycling centres
Do not visit a recycling centre if you currently have COVID-19 symptoms, have had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, or are in a household / support bubble with someone who has had symptoms in the last 14 days.
If you have waste that you suspect or is contaminated with Covid-19 material, please double bag the waste and leave it for at least 72 hours before bringing it to the site.
Temporary changes to be aware of
- Staff are unable to provide physical assistance, please only bring waste you can safely dispose of on your own. If you have a disability that affects your ability to dispose of your waste, please notify staff on arrival and they will direct you to a ‘drop off’ location (please be aware staff cannot unload your vehicle).
- Please wear a face mask if you can during your visit.
- Asbestos can only be accepted at the Cannock, Stafford and Leek Recycling Centres.
- Only one person per vehicle permitted to unload
- Social distancing measures are in place, please keep a safe distance of two metres where possible. Only one person at a time should be on the access ramps to the waste and recycling skips, or at the front of a skip or container disposing of waste. Please stand back and wait for ramps and containers to be clear of other users before approaching.
These temporary restrictions are being reviewed and updated regularly, please check our website and social media for updates.
Further information is provided on planning your visit and site rules to help you prepare for your visit.
Find your local recycling centre
To view details, including opening times, about your nearest recycling centre, select a location from the related content menu.