Running your community library
Community Management Library committees manage the day to day delivery of the library. In return the county council:
- continues to cover all utility and maintenance costs (up to an agreed amount based on past usage)
- support them with a comprehensive training course which has been developed with our existing community managed libraries. This includes:
- premises management
- health and safety
- information governance and data protection
- recruitment of volunteers
- development of committee skills and structures.
- provides ongoing support - the chosen organisations have strategic and practical support throughout this process and in the early days of ‘going live’ by a paid member of staff from the Libraries and Arts Service Community Capacity Team.