Join up, join in, discover, explore, create!
Libraries have always been great places to visit. They are free, safe and impartial spaces, where everyone is welcome.
How do I join?
The quickest and easiest way is to join online.
Alternatively you can join at any Staffordshire Library by going to the main desk.
Each of our libraries provides the following services:
- Free books, eBooks, eMagazines, and eAudio
- Free space and support for reading groups
- Author events
- Our popular order and collect service
- Online catalogue
- Mobile Library service for our rural locations
Health and Wellbeing
- Find help to access correct and up-to-date health information, through our Books on Prescription scheme, and through high-quality websites and books
- Find health-related activities and events
- We provide a lifeline for vulnerable people, helping them to feel connected and socially active through our reading friends chat sessions
- Our libraries hold social activities, such as Knit & Natter, poetry groups, and coffee mornings.
Information and Digital
- Free internet access and support to use IT.
- Free WiFi
- Access to our eLibrary catalogue
- Introductory IT courses
- Support to access online information about jobseeking, finance, and health
- Information on starting a business and signposting to organisations that can help.
- Free subscription resources such as Ancestry and Find My Past
- Local Studies collections
- Bus pass applications can be made from 16 County Council managed libraries
- Online author events, activites and videos via our Facebook , YouTube, Twitter and Instagram pages
Culture and Creativity
- A range of library activites that inspire you to get creative, explore arts, learn new skills and connect with others in your library spaces, online and at home.
Family and Children
- Our libraries are vital in encouraging children to read for pleasure, which can have a huge impact on their future prospects.
- The Summer Reading Challenge is an exciting annual reading activity for children available at every library in Staffordshire during the summer holidays.
- Our annual Young Teen Fiction Award encourages 11 - 14 year olds to read and nominate titles for the award shortlist.
- Our libraries hold a wide range of events for children, such as Baby Bounce and Rhyme storytimes, and craft sessions.