Lichfield roadworks overview
The majority of road works are carried out by the utility companies such as gas, water, phone and electric companies. For more information on these road works please visit Roadworks.org
Please note: The information below only lists planned road improvements by the county council.
To report a road or lighting fault the easiest way is to report it online.
- Significant works on the A5127 Birmingham Road at the junction of Upper St Johns Street and the junction of Greenhill and Rotten Row in Lichfield.
- Traffic measures are currently in place on the historic Chetwynd Bridge to allow motorists to continue to use it safely.
- We have started on the construction of the final section of Lichfield’s southern bypass. It is expected to be completed in Summer 2020.
- Works to provide a temporary site access to Curborough Road, Lichfield from the construction compound associated with the planning permission granted for building work at Nether Stowe School. Expected to be completed by 26 July 2019.
- From Monday 24 August 2020 temporary walking and cycling measures will be implemented along routes identified in Greenhill, Lichfield
- From Tuesday 25 August 2020 temporary walking and cycling measures will be implemented along routes identified in Conduit Street, Lichfield
- From Wednesday 26 August 2020 temporary walking and cycling measures will be implemented along routes identified in St John Street, Lichfield
View recently completed roadworks for Lichfield.