Our use of cookies

We use necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, website analytics and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button. No, give me more info

British Nationals (Overseas) Welcome programme

People with British National (Overseas) visa status in Hong Kong can now move to the UK.  This is for people from Hong Kong and their dependants who would like to live, study or work in the UK on a pathway to citizenship.   

The West Midlands Welcome Hub has been set up to support people who arrive from Hong Kong on the British Nationals Overseas visa.  

You can access support information from the West Midlands Welcome Hub.

The British Government also has an online Welcome Pack for all new arrivals.  This information has been translated into Cantonese, and explains how to manage life in the UK.  You can find further information through the gov.uk website.

Staffordshire County Council has a proud history of helping those who have arrived in our county seeking sanctuary, rights and freedoms.

We are working with the British government and our partners to help people from Hong Kong to successfully settle into life into Staffordshire

What support can Staffordshire offer?

Staffordshire County Council Resettlement Team can also offer support to people who have arrived in Staffordshire.

Our support includes advice and guidance on :

  • Accessing education
  • Healthcare
  • Employment
  • Starting a business
  • English language support

We would like to understand what support needs you and your family so that we can give you the best advice possible. Complete the questionnaire: 

.Complete questionnaire

Further information

Further information and support is available for British national overseas through gov.uk.  

Visit Staffordshire Connects for further information  regarding help and support available in your local area.

If you would like to contact Staffordshire Council’s Resettlement Team and learn more about the support they give, e-mail: bno@staffordshire.gov.uk   

There are no results that match your search criteria