Childminder Pre Registration Training
To become an Ofsted registered childminder, you must be able to demonstrate to the regulator (Ofsted) that you have a good understanding of all aspects of the Statutory Framework for the Early years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and other relevant legislation.
To support those wishing to become an Ofsted registered childminder the Local Authority offer a funded training package, consisting of 3 individual sessions:
Part 1- How to become an Ofsted registered childminder
This session will cover the legal requirements of registration, and includes:
- The rewards and challenges of being a childminder.
- The additional training requirements needed prior to applying to Ofsted.
- Costs related to setting up a childminding business.
Part 2 - EYFS compliance
This session will cover the statutory requirements for learning and development, focusing on how to support children's outcomes in all areas, enabling you to:
- Understand the 7 areas of learning, Prime and Specific.
- Understand the Characteristics of Effective Teaching and Learning.
- Explore how to identify and support children's learning in the early years foundation stage (EYFS).
Part 3 – Starting a Childminding Business
This interactive session will include discussion and activities to explore several topics to support you in setting up and running a successful childminding business so that you will be able to:
- Understand the key drivers in starting a high-quality childminding business
- Gain knowledge to establish a financially sustainable business.
- Recognise the importance of being business focussed.
The next available training course of 3 sessions is running as follows:
Part 1 - 30th October 2023 6.30pm-8.30pm
Part 2 - 6th November 2023 6.30pm-8.30pm
Part 3 - 13th November 2023 6.30pm-8.30pm
All 3 training sessions are delivered virtually via Microsoft teams.
To gain the certificate needed for your Ofsted application all 3 sessions of the training must be attended.
To book a space or to find out more information please email the Early Years Quality Support and Sufficiency Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospective childminders could choose to register with a childminder agency instead of Ofsted.