Staffordshire County Council is your ‘corporate parent’. This means as you grow towards adulthood we will help you get ready for living on your own and supporting yourself.
We are committed to ensuring looked after children and young people are prepared for independence.
Corporate parenting principles
What we’ll do:
- act in your best interests and promote your health and wellbeing
- encourage you to express your views, wishes and feelings
- consider your views, wishes and feelings
- help you access and make the best use of services provided by us and our partners
- encourage you to aim high and achieve your goals including, to be safe, and have stability in your home life, relationships and work
- prepare you for adulthood and independent living