Setting up Direct Debit payments with us
A Direct Debit is an instruction from you to your bank or building society, authorising us to collect amounts from your account to pay for your assessed charge. A Direct Debit guarantee is provided which means you’ll get immediate money back from your bank in the event of an error, advance notice if the date, frequency or amount changes and the right to cancel at any time.
How to set up a Direct Debit with us
You must contact us on 01785 276368 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a Direct Debit with us.
We will discuss with you:
- When the payments will be taken out of the account
- What amount will come out per month depending on how much you will need to pay.
- When the Direct Debit will begin.
What will I need to set up a Direct Debit?
We will send you out a mandate either in the post or via email. You can complete and return to us in the prepaid envelope provided or via email. To complete the mandate you will need the following details and then sign and date it
- The name and address of your bank
- Your bank account number
- Your bank account sort code
- The name(s) as shown on your bank account
Frequently Asked Questions
Making changes to your Direct Debit
If you need to make any changes to your Direct Debit, please contact us on 01785 276368 or email@example.com to make changes to any of the details on your Direct Debit with us.
How do I cancel a Direct Debit?
This can be done on your banking app, online banking, or by contacting your bank directly.
Please ensure you have contacted us to inform us that you will be cancelling the Direct Debit, and for what reason so our records are up to date.
What are the benefits of setting up a Direct Debit?
Direct debits offer a large amount of advantages, including:
- Gives you peace of mind that your payment will be made on time
- You won't need to contact us to make a payment, saving you time
- It's easier to make a payment for someone else, such as an elderly family member.
- No chance of errors being made by anyone.
Is there a Direct Debit guarantee?
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Staffordshire County Council will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Staffordshire County Council to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Staffordshire County Council or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Staffordshire County Council asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.