Invoice Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you have received an invoice from us and you need to update us about any changes, please see the FAQ’s below to see if they provide the answers that you need.
Your invoice explained Dummy-Invoice-John-Smith.pdf (staffordshire.gov.uk).
I have not received my invoice
- You will only receive an invoice once your care has been arranged and a financial assessment has taken place. Occasionally there may be a delay in receiving your first invoice but once this is entered your invoices will be 4 weekly. Charges will always commence from when your chargeable care starts.
Payments, statement of account or balance enquiries, direct debit queries, standing orders and reminders:
- We charge for the care you receive from Sunday to Saturday each week.
Replacement Care (Respite)
- You will be charged from the day of admission and including the day you leave.
Increasing or reducing your care
Cancelled or missed calls
- Hospital visits, missed care calls, cancelled calls or Respite Care: please notify us using our online form - Report an instance of missed care or call Staffordshire Cares 0300 111 8010 to report any changes.
- The Care provider requires a minimum of 24 hours’ notice.
- If you have notified us of a cancelled or missed call an adjustment may be made to your next invoice.
Replacement Care (Reablement)
- This is non chargeable for a period UP TO 6 weeks but not for a guaranteed 6-week period. Your care needs will be reviewed during this period. Please see our pages about reablement.
- You will be charged for your care after your reablement period ends. This may be the with the same care provider. Please see our funding the cost of care pages for further information.
Setting up a direct debit
- Paying by direct debit is our preferred option. Please email payments who will send you a form to complete. Further information about direct debits can be found on our setting up Direct Debit payments with us page.
I have received an invoice after care has stopped and I am still being charged?
Please let us know by contacting us on email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Staffordshire Cares 0300 111 8010 to report any changes.
I want to receive my invoice by email?
I need to report a death?
Please contact us by emailing or calling us with the following information.
- Date of Death.
- Client ID or Customer Number (this will be on your invoice).
- Last date care was delivered.
- Prior to the person passing were they admitted to hospital/hospice/at home. If so, when?
- Details of the person dealing with the estate – ie executor, Solicitors or Power of Attorney.
- If you receive a credit because care has ended, and there is no on-going care, credits issued will be offset against money owed for care which has not been paid.