Our use of cookies We use necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, website analytics and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button. No, give me more info

Out of county care and support placements

From time to time a Local Authority may source care and support for an individual in a different Local Authority area whilst maintaining the statutory responsibility for that individual.  These are usually referred to as Out of County or Out of Area placements. 

The placing Local Authority must inform the host authority of the service arrangements prior to commencement, this includes name of the individual and the provider organisation that is providing the support and contact details of the placing Local Authority in the event of an emergency.  The placing Local Authority should also inform Staffordshire County Council when the service for that individual ends.

Any information provided to Staffordshire County Council will be held in line with our Privacy Notice, which you can read about here: Our privacy notice - Staffordshire County Council

All information provided to Staffordshire County Council regarding an Out of County Placement will help should any safeguarding/quality issues arise or when dealing with an urgent home closure within Staffordshire.

Should you wish to raise any concerns regarding the Quality of a Service in Staffordshire you can find out more information on how to do so on our website

How do I report an issue?

If you wish to inform us about an Out of County Placement being made in Staffordshire you can do so using our online form. 

Online form


There are no results that match your search criteria