You can either apply online or telephone 0300 111 8000.
Before you apply online, you will need to have the following ready. Documents need to be in a digital format that can be uploaded onto the application form. You can use a scanner or take a photo of a document with a smartphone:
1. Proof of address. This is a document from within the last 12 months with the applicant's name and address. For example:
- a council tax bill
- or a utility bill
- or a driving licence
2. Proof of identity. This is an identity document for the applicant. For example:
- a birth or marriage certificate
- or passport
- or driving licence
3. A digital passport-style photo (if you don’t have a bus pass)
4. Any documents to give evidence that you meet the criteria you are applying under. For example:
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) entitlement letter
- or Disability Living Allowance (DLA) entitlement letter
- or War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement entitlement letter
- or award letter from the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- or Certificate of Visual Impairment
Please note: If you do not have any of the above, you can still apply. You may need an assessment for eligibility instead.
5. A credit or debit card to pay the £10 fee. The fee is to cover the cost of the badge being produced.
When you have all the above ready, apply online.
Face to face enquiries
An ICT buddy, where possible, will be able to assit you with completing an online application.
There is a volunteer at Rugeley Library who works most Fridays from 10am - 12pm. We will be able to allocate appointments.
For more information, please see Face to face enquiries.
If you do not have digital copies of the evidence listed above, you can post copies of documents and photos to:
Customer Service Centre
2 Staffordshire Place
- Include your telephone number as well. When we receive your documents, we will phone you as quickly as possible to process your application.
- Do not post original documents as we are unable to return them.