I want to find out about...
See a summary of our policies and services.
Our trader register
Search for traders or see how to register as a trader yourself.
See how we can help your business follow trading standards requirements.
Requirements for protecting animals from diseases and unnecessary suffering.
Requirements for measuring goods for sale.
Requirements for the composition, labelling and packaging of food.
Access application forms and guidance for fireworks and explosives.
How to obtain a premises license and our role in reviewing licenses.
Application and guidance documents for petroleum storage.
Reporting counterfeit goods
Resources for spotting and reporting fake goods.
Our latest news
See press releases showcasing our latest investigations.
Underage sales volunteering
Take part in exposing illegal sales of age-restricted goods.
- Welcome to the Trading Standards Business News, a FREE digital publication that brings local businesses the latest in regulation changes and guidance.
- Monday 11th December 2017
- The Intellectual Property Office has released the following video to help fight the fakes in the lead up to the holidays that highlights the risk of buying cut-price, substandard counterfeits.
- Friday 8th December 2017
- Staffordshire Police have issued a warning to people, particularly the elderly to be wary of a growing fraud in which criminals having been posing as police officers and asking their victims to take part in a fake undercover operation.
- Monday 4th December 2017
- The National Trading Standards Scam Team (NTS Scams Team) have secured government funding to provide free call blocking technology to protect those in the most vulnerable circumstances from nuisance and scam calls.
- Thursday 30th November 2017
- The National Consumer Week 27 November and run through to the 3 December. Have you or anyone you know ever been locked into a subscription for an offering you didn't sign up for? You are not alone. Millions of people across the UK have experienced issues cancelling recurring payments for subscriptions.
- Monday 27th November 2017