I want to find out about...
See a summary of our policies and services.
Our trader register
Search for traders or see how to register as a trader yourself.
See how we can help your business follow trading standards requirements.
Requirements for protecting animals from diseases and unnecessary suffering.
Requirements for measuring goods for sale.
Requirements for the composition, labelling and packaging of food.
Access application forms and guidance for fireworks and explosives.
How to obtain a premises license and our role in reviewing licenses.
Application and guidance documents for petroleum storage.
Reporting counterfeit goods
Resources for spotting and reporting fake goods.
Our latest news
See press releases showcasing our latest investigations.
Underage sales volunteering
Take part in exposing illegal sales of age-restricted goods.
- Welcome to the Trading Standards Business News, a FREE digital publication that brings local businesses the latest in regulation changes and guidance.
- Wednesday 14th March 2018
- A rogue trader who carried out unnecessary maintenance work on a Tamworth property has been handed a two-year suspended prison sentence and ordered to pay £5,000 victim compensation after pleading guilty to money laundering offences.
- Thursday 8th March 2018
- Responsible knife sales are vital for community safety, Staffordshire's cabinet member for Trading Standards has said following a test purchase operation. During a week-long operation in Stafford, underage volunteers working with the Trading Standards team were able to buy knives from six shops out of a total of 14 visited.
- Tuesday 6th March 2018
- Tens of thousands of illicit cigarettes and 10 kilograms of hand rolling tobacco was been seized from Burton shops on Saturday. Staffordshire County Council Trading Standards officers, aided by sniffer dogs, visited shops in Burton on February 10. Four premises were targeted as part of an intelligence-led operation, with illicit tobacco found in two of them.
- Thursday 15th February 2018
- Thousands of illicit cigarettes and a quantity of hand rolling tobacco have been seized from Staffordshire shops during a December operation.
- Tuesday 19th December 2017