We are responsible for enforcing a wide range of legislation relating to the supply and distribution of goods and services.
Support for local businesses
View information on animal health
Get advice on petroleum
Apply for fireworks/explosive licence
Search the trader register
Trading Standards cases in the media
- Scores of boxes of fake shirts for teams, including Chelsea, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Porto, Benfica and Paris Saint Germain, were among a haul of counterfeit goods with a retail value of more than £1 million found by Staffordshire County Council Trading Standards officers.
- Tuesday 15th August 2017
- People across Staffordshire are being advised how to spot the signs of scams and report them during the final week of a national awareness month.
- Tuesday 25th July 2017
- A rogue trader who left victims with shoddy, incomplete damp proofing work and did not return keys to properties has been ordered to pay nearly £10,000 compensation and do 250 hours' unpaid work.
- Wednesday 12th July 2017
- Staffordshire County Council Trading Standards is supporting Staffordshire Police during the Staffordshire Knife Amnesty 10th to 17th July 2017.
- Friday 23rd June 2017
- Counterfeit golf equipment with an estimated retail value of £35,000 has been seized from a property in north Staffordshire.
- Friday 16th June 2017