Our use of cookies

We use strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of analytical cookies, click the 'Accept cookies' button. No, give me more information.
Accept cookies Reject analytical cookies Manage cookies
This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it

Make a complaint about a county councillor

If you are unhappy about the way a Member of the County Council has behaved, you may complain to John Tradewell who is our Monitoring Officer. Complaints can be submitted in writing to:


Make a complaint online

You can fill out our online claim form which will be directed to the relevant department for you.

Make a complaint via email

You can email us along with attachments and supporting information.

Make a complaint in writing

You can submit a complaint in writing to the address below

You can also download and complete our complaints form in either PDF or Word format. This can then be submitted to the Monitoring Officer as either an attachment to your email or included with your complaint letter.

What your complaint should include 

You complaint should include all of the points:

  • Details of who you are and how to contact you
  • The name of the County Councillor(s) you are complaining about
  • Details of what your complaint is about
  • Details of any supporting documents or evidence, with copies provided if available.

Please note: If you make a complaint, you should be aware that we are unlikely to be able to keep your identity confidential.

Anonymous Complaints

Staffordshire County Council would not normally allow anonymous complaints as that would be against the principles of transparency and fairness, and would make matters much more difficult to investigate. However, there may be exceptional compelling reasons why an anonymous complaint could be accepted without detriment to the process and where the allegation can be evidenced without reference to the complainant. As such, the merit of any anonymous complaint received will be considered by the Monitoring Officer before it is entered into the complaints process.

How we will deal with your complaint

Further information

If you would like to discuss this before making a complaint, please contact our Monitoring Officer, John Tradewell, Deputy Chief Executive and Director for Corporate Services.

John Tradewell
Monitoring Officer and Deputy Chief Executive and Director for Corporate Services
1 Staffordshire Place
ST16 2DH


There are no results that match your search criteria