How to join your library
How do I join?
It’s free to join and borrow books from your library. You can do this in two ways.
The quickest and easiest way is to apply online. This will provide you with a card number that will be valid for 3 years and will immediately let you:
Please visit your local library and present your details to a member of staff or a volunteer who will be pleased to assist you.
Here are the special memberships we offer, just visit your library to join.
- No overdue charges.
- No charge for lost or damaged books borrowed for children under the age of five.
- Just visit your library and show your registration certificate.
Playgroups, Nurseries and Pre-Schools
- Borrow up to thirty items for a period of three months.
- No overdue charges.
- Charges are payable for lost or damaged items.
- No charge for lost or damaged books, until children are 16 years of age.
Carers of children living in a residential children's home
- Borrow up to thirty books, for a period of three weeks.
- No charge for lost or damaged books.
Residential and Nursing Homes
- Collections of library books can be delivered to homes for no charge.
- Collections are exchanged every six months.
- Friends or relatives can borrow items for twelve weeks, on behalf of someone who is physically unable to visit the library themselves.
- No overdue or request charges.
- Library volunteers can also deliver books to home readers, contact your library for more information.
- Borrow reading groups sets for a period of three months.
- An annual group membership fee will give access to 12 sets for the year.
Music and Drama Groups
- Borrow music and drama sets and scores for up to one year.
- Check our fees and charges page for the charge for the set.
The Teacher's Ticket is a simple offer.
Share this information
Rate this pageRate as good Rate as average Rate as poor
- It allows for the loan of up to 15 children's non-fiction books at any one time and subject to availability.
- The books are loaned for 12 weeks, but there are no overdue charges. If the books are returned as soon as they are finished with, it helps keep a range of choice for everyone. Please note that lost or damaged books will be charged for.
- There is no opportunity to request or reserve books on this ticket, which is for the loan of stock available on the library shelves at the time of the visit.
GDPR & Library Membership
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR 2018) we have a legal duty to protect any information that we hold about you. We take measures to safeguard your data and implement security standards and controls to prevent any unauthorised access to it. Information which you have provided in order to become a member of Staffordshire Library Service will be stored securely and will only be used for the delivery of that service.You have the right to cancel your membership at any time and have your records removed in their entirety.
View the Staffordshire County Council Privacy Notice for further information on how we handle your data and information.
Please see our FAQs page for more information on how to use your library.