Land charges mapping portal
This interactive map can be used to help you complete your own Personal Search and contains data on road adoption/maintenance status, common land or town/village greens and historical highway schemes
For your information:
- The maintenance status does not provide the actual extent of the adopted highway. If this is required, please refer to Highway Extent requests.
- If the status of the road shows as "HMPE" (Highway maintainable at public expense) it is adopted by Staffordshire County Council.
- If the status of the road shows "HMPE (Highways England)", it is adopted by Highways England.
- If the status of the road shows "Not SCC Maintained" or "Private", this maintenance falls to another authority or body, and we do not hold records of who this is.
- If you require information on land ownership please contact Land Registry as we do not hold these records.
- If the location of your search reveals a historical highway scheme, it is likely this may not materialise, and is included as part of a historical proposal. The scheme will either come to fruition in the future (hence the reason for route protection), or it needs to be formally abandoned if no longer required. Until either happens, it still needs to be declared. If formally abandoned, it will no longer show on the map.