Applications for families with no recourse to public funds (NRPF)
Families who wish to apply for free school meals under the no recourse to public funds criteria need to complete the application form below and email it with the supporting information detailed below to email@example.com
Supporting evidence to provide
Article 8 of the ECHR
Families will be able to provide a letter from the Home Office granting them leave to remain in the UK or a biometric residence card.
Section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
Families will be able to provide a letter from the Home Office or local authority confirming Section 4 support or an ASPEN card.
BN(O) passport holders
Families will be able to show either a BN(O) passport or visa.
Spouse, work or student visa holders
Families will be able to show their visa.
Zambrano or Chen carers
In many (but not all) cases, the family will be able to show a derivative residence card. If they do not hold this, they must be able to show that:
- the carer or parent is not a British citizen
- the child is a British citizen
- the carer is a direct relative or legal guardian of the child, and they have the primary responsibility for the child
- there are no other members of the carers’ family in the UK or the EEA who could look after the child
Families should complete a self-declaration of their income as part of their application and provide one of the following -
- bank statement
- letter from their bank
- letter from their employer
- letter from the local authority confirming support if applicable