Whole school procedures
The senior leadership team should ensure that:
- All staff are committed to the promotion of inclusion of all children in school
- All SEND support and interventions that are available in school is
collated and detailed, for example on a Provision Map.
- There are processes in place that ensure that children/young people are aware of and involved in whole school decision making, eg through Pupil forums, Pupil panels etc
- There are procedures in place to make transitions as smooth as possible for children and young people (for example when they are starting school/ a new year group and also during the school day/week)
- Staff skills are regularly audited (see Quality First Teaching section) and further training in SEND is offered to staff groups and individual staff when required.
- Schools encourage and support a team approach to addressing SEND. In particular:
- Staff are given encouragement and opportunities to discuss concerns, problem solve and provide support both practically and emotionally to each other.
- There are planned opportunities for key staff to share good practice with staff from other schools.
- Senior staff actively promote and facilitate these networking and mentoring opportunities.