Assessment, identification and monitoring
Class/subject teacher need to ensure that:
- Resources are used (e.g environment checklists) to refine teaching and differentiation approaches.
- Recent assessment information is used to gain a better understanding of individual child/young person’s learning level and to identify the barriers to their learning in the classroom.
- Teachers are aware of the targets/outcomes that the children with SEND are working towards.
- The engagement and motivation of their class groups are monitored and appropriate interventions are planned that can be delivered through the curriculum.
- Children/young people are involved in the development and evaluation of learning support strategies in class.