Our use of cookies

We use strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of analytical cookies, click the 'Accept cookies' button. No, give me more information.
Accept cookies Reject analytical cookies Manage cookies

Report abuse of an adult

 Previous Menu

3. Find help or contact us

Report abuse of an adult

If you think someone who has care and support needs is being abused or you think their safety is at risk, then it is important to report your concerns to us by calling the number below.

You must never assume that somebody else will recognise and report what you have seen or heard.

Where a crime has been committed or if you're worried about someone's immediate safety, contact the police by dialling 999.

To report concerns about an adult please contact us:

Monday - Thursday* 9:00am - 5pm
Friday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
*Excludes Bank Holidays

A trained member of staff will be available between 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday-Thursday and 9:00am - 4:30pm on Fridays (excluding Bank Holidays).

This number is to refer concerns about abuse of a adult. If you have other welfare concerns for an adult please contact Staffordshire Cares.

Out of hours

If you have a concern about the safety of a vulnerable adult and need to report it overnight, over a weekend or on a Bank Holiday, contact the Emergency Duty Service:

For further guidance on reporting abuse of an adult please see the Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Partnership Adult Safeguarding Board website.

Concerns about a child

If your concern is regarding a child (someone under the age of 18), please see our First Response page for information on how to contact the right team.