Childcare and Ukraine Refugees
Childcare and help with costs
Ukrainian nationals with young children may be able to access a childcare setting that will help children with their early education and school readiness, make friends and continue to develop their skills.
For parents who have a 2 year old child
Some 2 year olds could be entitled for to 15 hours of funded childcare a week at a childcare setting from the term after their 2nd birthday (or any point thereafter), if the family meet the criteria. In Staffordshire this is called Think2. Find out more and apply online
For parents who have a 3 or 4 year old child
All 3 and 4 year olds are eligible for up to 15 hours of funded childcare at a setting from the term after their 3rd birthday. There are no criteria or a need to apply, just speak to your chosen childcare setting and supply them with the child's passport, birth certificate or any proof of ID if available. Find out more about funded hours for 3 and 4 year olds
30 funded hours for 3 and 4 year olds
Parents who are working could receive an additional 15 hours to make up to 30 hours of funded childcare per week. To qualify, each parent (or lone parent) must earn at least the minimum equivalent of 16 hours a week at the national minimum wage or national living wage. Find out more and how to apply for the additional 15 hours.
Help with childcare costs
Universal Credit: Parents may be eligible to claim Universal Credit and could get help with childcare costs. This could mean:
- support for up to 85% of childcare costs available for children under 17 years
- parents could receive up to
- £646 per month for one child, or
- up to £1108 per month for two or more children
Child Benefit: families could extra money to help with the cost of raising children
For more information visit, help paying for childcare
Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Staffordshire SEND Family Partnership provide Information, Advice and Support to parents and carers of Children and Young People with SEND (aged 0-25 years). Find out more
For further information on support, resources and activities, check out our Local Offer pages
Our dedicated Choosing Childcare page provides information on:
- the types of childcare options available depending on the age of children
- Top Tips to parents when choosing or visiting a childcare setting
- searching for local childcare options through the website Staffordshire Connects . This website gives users the choice to alter the language by selecting the Language option at the top of the page and changing to the preferred option.
Do you need help finding childcare?
Our Early Education and Childcare Team can help you. Contact us by telephone: 01785 278201 or by email: email@example.com