Our use of cookies We use necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, website analytics and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button.

Money matters

Where can I get financial advice?

For information and advice on saving money, budgeting, debt management and ways to make your money go further:

Money Advice Service

This service has:


The government's website has information on all areas of money management, including:

  • taxes
  • benefits
  • pensions

Citizen's Advice

They have information on savings, debt, benefits and employment.

Or you can call their advice line:

National Debt Line

You can get debt advice from this charity run by the Money Advice Trust.


This is a national charity that helps people in financial hardship get welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services.

Chatterbox North Staffs

Get support with your money and finances. This is a site that has been created for:

  • Stoke-on-Trent
  • Newcastle-under-Lyme

Staffordshire Connects

You can get a list of financial organisations that can give you support.

Adult Safeguarding Partnership

This website has advice on spotting financial abuse.

Beat the Cold

Make use of their advice on low cost energy solutions.

Energy Saving Trust 

Advice on how to reduce bills and make your home more energy efficient.



Job Centre Plus

Services are provided by or through Jobcentre Plus. Help is available for customers with limited or no english skills who need communication support to claim benefits.

First Contact

You can contact First Contact, where you will be able to speak to an interpreter who will be able to answer any questions you may have and help you make a claim to the appropriate benefit.

Contact them by:

Disability employment advisors

Disability employment advisors provide specialist support to people who need employment advice who:

  • are recently disabled
  • have a disability or health condition that has deteriorated

They give support to disabled people who are:

  • experiencing difficulties getting a job
  • employed and are concerned about losing their job, due to a disability

They can offer a range of support, advice and information from:

  • employment assessment
  • job seeking advice and support
  • training advice and information
  • advice and information about keeping your job
  • work choice
  • information about the disability symbol

For information on help for disabled people in employment you can speak to the disability employment advisors at your local Jobcentre Plus office or Jobcentre.

You can find the address of your local office on the Direct Gov website.



Unsure if you're entitled due to immigrant control?

Information can be found on no recourse to public funds network's website. 

There are no results that match your search criteria

Latest social care and health news

People asked to 'step up and help out' vulnerable residents with personal care needs

People across Staffordshire are being asked to 'step up and help out' if they can, to take care of the most vulnerable people in the county.
27 March 2020

Extremely-vulnerable must register for help if they have no support

Extremely-vulnerable residents in Staffordshire are being urged to register for help if they need it.
27 March 2020

Staffordshire's most at risk urged to heed Government's advice on coronavirus

Residents in Staffordshire at the highest risk from the coronavirus are being urged to act now to protect themselves and help ease the mounting pressure on the NHS.
22 March 2020

Doing our bit to tackle coronavirus in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent

People are being urged to ensure they are do everything they can to minimise social contact to help combat the spread of coronavirus and protect themselves, their loved ones and their communities.
21 March 2020

Visit the Staffordshire Newsroom