You will need a valid email address to register on the Citizen Portal to then access the self-assessment. This email address will also be used to communicate with you regarding your assessment, some of which may be confidential, so you should take this in to account when choosing the email address to use. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have an email address please use the contact details below, an assessment can be completed by telephone.
Before you start
- This self-assessment is for adults (over 18 years)
- You can complete it yourself or on behalf of someone else
- It usually takes around 10-15 mins to complete the first section
- At the end, you will be told whether or not you're likely to be eligible for support
- You will also be given information on how you might meet your own needs
- You do not have to tell us who you are or share any of your personal details to access the information
- After looking at this information you might decide that you can solve your issue without asking for further support from the Council.
- If you do wish to contacted by the Council, you will be able to register your details and then submit your form onto us. A member of the Staffordshire Cares team who handle all adult social enquires will then contact you.
Please enter the applicants postcode below to ensure they are within Staffordshire. You will be presented with a link to follow to the citizens portal.
The Citizen Portal is a way for you to access certain services the authority offers. When you provide your information within the Citizen Portal this information is saved directly into Staffordshire County Councils systems and will be used to contact you and process actions you have requested such as a self-assessment. The information provided is subject to checks, it does not make you automatically eligible to support.
When you complete a self-assessment, an algorithm may be used to make a suggestion of your eligibility for services and the level of support you may need. An algorithm is an automated calculation which uses the information you provide without the need for human intervention. If you are not comfortable with algorithms being used as part of your assessment please contact us using the contact details below. Qualified and trained members of staff will be involved in the process at every step, they will review and be able to make changes to the results of the algorithm if required.
If you do not complete your registration or verification the creation of your account will not be completed and therefore any registration details you have submitted will be deactivated after 28 days. If you do not submit your assessment you will receive a notification (for example by email) stating that due to the application not having been submitted it will be deleted within 28 days.
You can contact our Staffordshire Cares team on:
If you have a hearing impairment Text/SMS: 07814 194 111 Minicom
You can find out more information by visiting our Privacy Notices through the Information Resource webpages.
The information you provide within the Citizen Portal will be used for the purposes of your care and support provision. It may be shared with other agencies who provide care and support on our behalf, this includes Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Multi Agency Sharing Hub (MASH), First Response, Carers Hub.
You can visit our Privacy Notices for more information regarding the use of your personal data.