List of parks, picnic areas and greenways
Coronavirus - latest guidance
Updated guidance from Government means you can now travel to parks and take unlimited exercise, as long as you follow social distancing and keep to groups of six. Please read the government guidelines for further information about how to stay safe. Car parks and most facilities at our countryside sites are now open.
Toilets are now open but some may have limited opening times to accommodate extra cleaning. Cafes at Cannock Chase Visitor Centre and Chasewater are open for takeaway service and the visitor centres are open but may have shorter hours than normal. Play parks currently remain closed.
For everyone’s safety, please stay alert to help control the virus.
Please follow this guidance:
- Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
- You do not need to socially distance from members of your household or support bubble.
- You can meet outdoors in groups of up to six people from different households.
- Follow social distancing guidelines when meeting with anyone from outside your household.
- You can travel to outdoor open space irrespective of distance. You shouldn’t travel with someone from outside your household or bubble unless you can practise social distancing - for example by cycling.
- Keep the recommended distance if you encounter other users, staff or landowners - 2 metres (6 feet) apart
- You can spend time outdoors – for example sitting and enjoying the fresh air, picnicking, or sunbathing
- You can exercise outdoors as often as you wish - following social distancing guidelines
- Visit the Government's website for more information.
- Please leave gates on rights of way as you find them - some landowners may tie gates open at this time to avoid the need for path users to touch the gate
- On rights of way, consider using any alternative routes suggested that enable you to avoid going near houses and working farm or stable areas
- Follow the Countryside Code
- You may want to wear gloves to prevent infection when using gates and stiles
- Wash your hands when you return home
Please help us to keep the sites safe, usable and wildlife friendly:
- Fire risk remains a concern – no barbecues or fires, please dispose of cigarettes carefully
- Taking your litter home so our staff can focus on critical operations
- Stay on paths and keep dogs on leads
Guidance for landowners of rights of way is on the rights of way coronavirus page.
Please note that our Rangers and Rights of Way staff are focusing on essential duties, so may not be able to respond to other matters at this time.
Our country parks and picnic areas are great places to take a walk, enjoy nature or get active. Select the links below to find out more about the sites.