You can find out when Overview and Scrutiny Committees are meeting by looking at our calendar.
Committee meeting agendas and papers are available five working days in advance of meetings to download. These are available below:
How can I find out about what was discussed at a meeting?
Overview and Scrutiny Committee meetings are usually open to the public and mostly take place in County Buildings, Martin Street, Stafford, ST16 2LH.
- You are welcome to come along to observe a meeting and listen to the discussion. Martin Street is pedestrianised, however there are nearby parking facilities. See a map of our offices from Google Maps.
- Occasionally meetings are also webcast so you can watch the meeting online.
- Following committee meetings, the minutes are published online with the meeting papers and agendas and you are invited to subscribe to updates.
How can I contribute my views and make suggestions?
If there is a topic on the committee work programme that you would like to contribute to or discuss with us, please contact us:
Committee Members have the final say on what goes in the work programme but if you know of an important issues that a scrutiny committee should examine we would be interested in hearing from you.
All suggestions for scrutiny will be considered by the appropriate committee. We will let you know whether or not they agree to include the matter in their work programme.
How can I get involved in scrutiny reviews?
From time to time committee's decide to look in-depth into one area of work. This is called a scrutiny review. The committee work programmes provide information about the work that each committee is undertaking. Please see the individual committee links for more information.
What are co-opted committee members?
A number of committee members who are not county councillors sit on certain committees. Currently these are the:
- Health and Care Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Prosperous Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Health and Care Overview and Scrutiny Committee
On this committee, as well as county councillors, there are also eight co-opted district councillor members, one from each district in Staffordshire.
Prosperous Overview and Scrutiny Committee
On this committee there are two church and three parent governor representatives.
How can I get in touch?
If you would like to discuss getting involved or have any comments or suggestions as to how we could develop and improve scrutiny please contact the Scrutiny team.