Waste Savvy Staffs
Help us to waste less and recycle more
Waste Savvy Staffs is a new campaign to encourage residents to reduce, reuse and recycle more.
- The average family of 4 can save £60 a month by reducing their food waste.
- Around 40% of the contents in an average household rubbish bin can easily be home composted.
- The value of clothes in UK wardrobes is £30 billion, with each piece only worn 7 times. There are many ways to reduce the amount of clothing we buy and keep them in circulation for longer.
- In Staffordshire, every household throws away on average over 200 recyclable bottles a year. Plastic bottles are easy to recycle, or have you considered reusing a bottle?
- Almost half of the UK’s households have up to five unused electrical items which could be recycled.
We’ll be providing you with lots more hints and tips to help you understand why it’s so important to reduce our waste and recycle as much as possible and how this can be achieved.
A Staffordshire volunteer opportunity
To reach as many people as possible we are looking for the help of volunteers to spread the message and encourage local communities to waste less.
Staffordshire County Council in partnership with Garden Organic are inviting volunteers to learn more about waste and recycling at one of our training events. This will include how to reduce food waste, composting and recycling tips. Volunteers will then be encouraged to use this knowledge to pass on to other Staffordshire residents through talks, demonstrations and written articles or social media.
If you have an interest in sustainable waste management and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others this may be a good volunteering opportunity for you.
If you would like to know more about volunteering for this campaign please contact email@example.com
Let’s work together to make Staffordshire Waste Savvy.