Our use of cookies

We use strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of analytical cookies, click the 'Accept cookies' button. No, give me more information.
Accept cookies Reject analytical cookies Manage cookies
This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it


Cement bonded asbestos is found in many places in the home including rainwater pipes, gutters, water tanks, insulation boards, garage/shed roofs, boiler flues and domestic equipment such as ovens, heaters and ironing boards. Generally, asbestos materials in good condition can be left in place and painted but should not be drilled, sanded or sawn.

Your weekly waste collection service cannot collect asbestos materials, so if you have these materials you will need to ensure they are disposed of safely.

Disposal (restrictions apply)

Asbestos can be taken to recycling centres for disposal. There is a disposal restriction of 4 sheets (approximately 6’ by 2; or 4’ by 4’) or 4 bags (approximately 25kg rubble bags) per household every 6 months.

Asbestos must be double wrapped in heavy duty clear polythene and sealed securely with tape before it can be accepted on site. Asbestos should not be broken up. Our staff cannot help you in bagging these materials because of legal and health implications. 

For larger quantities such as from the demolition of a shed or garage roof replacement householders must contact specialist licensed firms to handle that material. 

Asbestos can only be accepted at Staffordshire County Council recycling centres between 1pm and 3pm and some sites only accept asbestos on certain days,

Restrictions are in place because site staff are required to change into specialised personal protective equipment (PPE), which must be disposed of after each collection. This process is time consuming and expensive. Restricting the disposal times minimises the number of changes into specialised PPE to one change a day. 

Please check information on Warwickshire County Council's website for asbestos disposal at Lower House Farm, Baddesley Ensor.

For restricted waste, residents may be required to complete a ‘disclaimer form’ to declare that the waste is from their household, has not arisen as a result of commercial use and to acknowledge that a limit applies to the quantities of waste they are entitled to deposit at the recycling centre.

Where can I take asbestos? 


Baddesley Ensor

This site is run by Warwickshire County Council - please check their site for more information.


Not accepted here.


Pendeford Mill Lane, Codsall, WV8 1JJ


Not accepted here.


Centurion Way (off Shobnall Road), Burton upon Trent, DE14 2AU (use DE14 2AY for SatNav)


Lichfield Road, Cannock, WS11 8NQ


Not accepted here.


Fowlchurch Road, Leek, ST13 6BH


Not accepted here.


Not accepted here.


Not accepted here.


St. Albans Road, Stafford, ST16 3DR


Not accepted here.


Not accepted here.

Best practice when removing asbestos

Where you need to remove and replace asbestos, get in touch with your local Environmental Health Officer for advice on the best course of action. You may need to employ specialist licensed contractors to deal with this hazardous material.

An up-to-date list of licensed contractors including the type of licence held is available on the UK Asbestos Training Association Ltd (UKATA) website.

Asbestos materials should not be broken as particles of asbestos are hazardous to health. Access to the area should be restricted and the materials should be wet down to reduce the risk of dust. Anyone dealing with asbestos should wear protective clothing and masks.

Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 you need to dispose of asbestos waste very carefully.

Contact details for further information

Contact Staffordshire County Council on 0300 111 8000. Further details can also be found by viewing the environmental health pages of your borough or district council website:

There are no results that match your search criteria