About library volunteering
Volunteering at your library is flexible, and designed around your interests.
Reasons to volunteer in your library
Over 1,200 people have expressed an interest to find out more about volunteering. Over 850 have already joined our team!
5 reasons to volunteer at Your Library:
How you can help
With new and varied voluntary roles in libraries across Staffordshire, some of the things you can do include:
- Helping your community to discover all your library has to offer
- Support housebound people to access books and information
- Running community events
- Helping people to get online and learn IT skills
- Taking part in our Reading Hack volunteer opportunities for 13-24 year olds
The possibilities are endless.
Register your interest
Two hours a week can make all the difference. You could change your own life and the lives of those in your community, by helping to make your library a great place to be for future generations.
If you would like to know more or want to have a chat about volunteering you can:
- Call: 0300 111 8000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and give your name and contact number, and the library where you want to volunteer. If you are a young volunteer - aged 13-16, please state this too. Then a Community Support Officer will be in touch to discuss your volunteering requirements.