We use cookies on this site We and our partners use cookies and collect information from your browser. This lets us deliver content and relevant adverts to you. It also helps us to understand our audience better. See our privacy policy to learn more about how we manage your data and your rights. See our cookies policy to see how we use cookies and tracking technology. To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button.
Homepage > Care for children and families > Your data > Access to children's social care records

Related content  


Related content


Access to children's social care records

How to make a request

You can request a copy of your own social care information from when you were a child by submitting a Subject Access Request. You may also request other people's information (such as your child's) on their behalf.

Apply online

You can apply online from any computer or device.

You will be asked to attach proof of your identity and, if you are requesting information on someone else's behalf, proof that you have a right to do so.

Paper form

Alternatively you can download, print off and complete the following form:

Send to:

Email: information requests


Postal address:

Access to personal information team
Families First
1 Staffordshire Place
ST16 2DH

Please note: This process only applies to requests for children's social care records. If you are requesting education records then please contact the Information Governance Unit by emailing access information

Help and advice

You can view further information about your rights and how to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information.

If you have any questions in relation to making a subject access request or if you require any help completing the request form then please contact the team:

Phone: 01785 278090

Email: information requests


Apply online

  • Section 1:
  • Your application is for:
  • Please note: There is not an automatic right of access to the personal data of other people (including your children) and your request may be refused. We reserve the right to contact the person whose information you are requesting to seek their consent for you to act on their behalf and access their information. This can depend on the age and competency of the person.
  • Name



There are no results that match your search criteria

Share this information
  • facebook17
  • twitter17
  • intagram17
  • email17