The Voice Project
The Voice project are a dedicated team responsible for listening to the views of families, parents, carers, children and young people who are part of our Families First Service.
What does the Voice project offer?
- We facilitate the Children in Care Council as well as forums for looked after children.
- We have a team of care leaver ambassadors who support the work of the through care service on leaving care and preparation for independence.
- We deliver consultation, engagement and participation offers to services such as:
- Staffordshire youth offending services
- Care planning and court
- Independent Futures
- Fostering service
- Local support teams
- Many other services that support children, young people and families across Staffordshire
- We deliver training on communicating with children and young people.
- We work with partnership organisations such as the police, SCVYS, schools and colleges and other groups to best reflect the voice of children, young people and families.
The project delivers monthly forums across the county of Staffordshire for young people to attend. We also facilitate the Children in Care Council which meet twice monthly.
These are to ensure that children and young people have a regular say on the services that work to support them and are able to have their views heard by the corporate parenting panel, county managers and heads of service.
If you would like further information please contact us:
Phone: 01785 253878