Specialist Safeguarding Units
Specialist safeguarding units ensure that vulnerable children and young people in Staffordshire are safe and protected from the risk of significant harm. They:
- Work with children, young people and families to agree plans of support (called 'children in need plans' or 'child protection plans').
- Work with children, young people and families to make sure they’re getting the support they need.
- Work with children and families with complex needs.
- Work with children who are close to being taken into care and if necessary, start the legal process of taking them into care.
- Take immediate action to safeguard children who have suffered significant harm.
- Provide Social Work advice to our local support teams.
Reporting a concern over the safety of a child or young person
If there is very serious problem and you fear that a child or young person is suffering harm or is at risk of suffering harm, you should contact the Staffordshire Children's Advice Service immediately.
If you are a children’s services professional and would like more information on the Families First Service, please see our pages.