Contact us - Trading Standards
Who do I contact if I am a consumer?
Please contact Citizens Advice on 0808 223 1133 for help with the following:
- To report unfair or illegal business and trading practices
- To find out your rights when buying goods and services
- For help when things go wrong
- To report unsafe, misdescribed or counterfeit goods including food
- If you are concerned about a friend, relative or neighbour who is being scammed.
Trading Standards Confidential
If your wish to report a crime you can leave a voice message with Trading Standards Confidential. Please note this is not an advice line.
We are unable to intervene in individual disputes. Any information provided is vital to identify trading malpractices and target resources where they are needed most.
Where the matters reported result in formal investigation we may contact you for further information, unless indicated otherwise.
Trading Standards Confidential: 01785 330356
Who do I contact if I am from a business?
Our Public Protection provides support and training to businesses to help them comply with Trading Standards requirements and enforcing a wide range of legislation relating to the supply and distribution of goods and services and incorporates the following teams:
Telephone: 0300 111 8002
2 Staffordshire Place,