Our use of cookies We use necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, website analytics and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button. No, give me more info

We are experiencing technical issues with some of our applications, please bear with us whilst we work to fix the issues. If you have any urgent problems, please contact 0300 111 8000.

My appeal was rejected and I don't agree, what can I do?

My appeal was rejected and I don't agree, what can I do?

A document called a 'notice to owner' will be sent to you after 28 days, which will tell you what grounds you can formally dispute. This formal dispute is called a representation, and will be resolved in one of two ways:

  • If your dispute is accepted the case will be closed and this will be confirmed in writing.
  • If we don't accept your dispute, we will give you a 'notice of rejection'. This document will tell you that you must pay within 28 days, or appeal to the independent adjudicator.

If you didn't own the vehicle when the fine was issued, you must make a formal dispute and give us written evidence of the disposal or purchase, and also give details of the actual owner.

If you never owned the vehicle you must give us written evidence from the DVLA. If you have no written evidence you can get legal advice.

There are no results that match your search criteria