Burton upon Trent scheme
We asked for your views on the following improvements; of which the level of support of strongly to somewhat agree was:
- 49% - Slow down traffic between Worthington Way and the rail station.
- 38% - Make Station St. one-way from Worthington Way to Union St.
- 45% - If not one-way, two-way widen pavement opposite Wyllie Mews
- 57% - Cycle lanes on both sides of road between Borough Rd. and Guild St.
- 58% - Uphill cycle lane on Borough Road to rail station
- 67% - Resurface footways and make as wide as possible
- 77% - Provide secure cycle parking in town centre
- 54% - Extra green time at Station St. / Guild St. / Union St. junction
Having received your support, we are happy to report that we will be taking the majority of the improvements forward into the next phase of delivery – detail design.
Following concerns raised during the public consultation, we will not be progressing three elements of the improvements:
- Slow down traffic between Worthington Way and the rail station
- Make Station Street one-way from Worthington Way to Union Street
- If not one-way, two-way widen pavement opposite Wyllie Mews
As a result of your feedback we are now looking to progress reducing the speed of the traffic between Guild Street and Worthington Way only.
We will update you again once we have further detail about the designs and delivery timescale.
A downloadable version of the above information is available below in the form of an infographic.
Burton on Trent infographic (579 KB)