Our use of cookies

We use strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of analytical cookies, click the 'Accept cookies' button. No, give me more information.
Accept cookies Reject analytical cookies Manage cookies

How can I appeal the charge?

How can I appeal the charge?

You can appeal against the charge if:

  • The offence did not occur,
  • The same offence has been the subject of a fixed penalty notice or is the subject of criminal proceedings,
  • You were not the registered owner/keeper of the vehicle at the time of the offence,
  • You were not the hirer of the vehicle at the time of the offence,
  • The penalty charge notice exceeded the relevant amount.
  • You were the registered owner/keeper of the vehicle at the time of the offence but it was:
    • on hire to a driver who had signed a statement taking liability,
    • kept by a motor trader,
    • taken without the consent of the owner.

We may also consider other appeals if the registered keeper/owner feels that there are other circumstances.

Appeals can be made in writing to:

Parking Services
PO Box 2994
Stoke on Trent

Alternatively you can send it via email to: parking@stoke.gov.uk

You will need to clearly state your penalty charge notice number starting with the letters GE and your full postal address. Please state your case clearly and simply and include with your appeal copies of any evidence that will support your case.

Please note: No appeals will be accepted via telephone or in person. If we reject your appeal then you will still have the choice to go to an independent adjudicator who will consider your case impartially.

There are no results that match your search criteria