Posted on Tuesday 4th October 2022
Staffordshire County Cllr Philip White
The deadline for entries to the 2022/23 Enjoy Staffordshire Tourism Awards is almost here.
Tuesday 18 October is the last chance to take part in this year’s competition, and be recognised as Staffordshire’s best attractions, accommodation providers, and food & drink businesses.
The awards are the only route for Staffordshire businesses to the prestigious Visit England Awards for Excellence, where they could follow in the footsteps of the National Memorial Arboretum to be named the best in the country!
There are 19 categories in total, with awards for specific business types including visitor attractions and experiences, as well as categories for hotels, pubs, restaurants, holiday cottages and camp sites. Alongside them, there are cross-sector awards open to all types of tourism businesses, like the New Tourism Business of the Year award, and the Ethical, Responsible & Sustainable Tourism award.
Philip White, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member responsible for tourism at Staffordshire County Council, said:
“Our annual tourism awards are an important competition for the sector, and each year we see more and more entries which is great.
“It’s important we keep growing and developing the competition by attracting more entries from across the county, from all types of businesses.
“I’d encourage all our hospitality businesses, large and small, to get their entries in before Tuesday 18th October and they could be celebrating at our gala awards evening in early 2023.”
Zoe Wallis, owner of The Little George in Eccleshall, said:
“We were delighted to win the B&B and Guest House of the Year at the Enjoy Staffordshire Tourism Awards 2022.
“Entering the awards is free and it’s a good way of finding out how your business has progressed in the past 12 months, as well as being a huge boost for the team if you win.”
The 19 categories are:
- B&B and Guest House of the Year
- Large Hotel of the Year
- Small Hotel of the Year
- Camping, Glamping and Holiday Park of the Year
- Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year
- Small Visitor Attraction of the Year
- Experience of the Year
- Business Events Venue of the Year
- Pub of the Year
- Independent Restaurant of the Year
- Tearoom and Coffee Shop of the Year
- Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year
- New Tourism Business of the Year
- Accessible and Inclusive Tourism Award
- Ethical, Responsible and Sustainable Tourism Award
- Unsung Hero Award
- Resilience and Innovation Award
- Food & Drink Retailer / Farm Shop of the Year (Local Award)
Full details of eligibility criteria, and sample entry forms, are available at www.enjoystaffordshire.com/awards